Hi all. I've been working on the pear for July and I'm sure you know by now that I continually change things. I really thought this would not be the case for XI, but colors and placement took most of two days. By the time I finished, we had heavy rains and darkness so I couldn't take a good photo of the fabulous birthday gift from Miss Shirlee. Tomorrow for sure. I will have a few tags then too.
I do want to show you how close I came to the linen's left edge! I stitched three pears all on the same piece of linen and didn't bother measuring. Yes, I waste a lot of time but it's not until I see it finished that I realize a change is needed. I used woven fusible facing this time, front and back. Certainly helps prevent raveling. I get a lot of emails about finishing the pears and using the template with the center line, held up against a light, is the best method. This time I took a few photos of the seam pressing. When you press the backing to the center, you can see where the bulk is and where the trimming should be.
I will be posting the chart as soon as I get it in the computer file, but here's what it looks like. I'm really anxious to get back to Eliza, but I will have an even bigger house mess soon. I SO love the new floss hanger. It's always there, in order, and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.
Hope you're having a good week. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately, my cousin did not come home. They are fitting her leg with a brace and maybe next month it will happen. Be back tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting!