Hello! Forgot to show my drum finish.
The strawberry I made for the top looked lost because of the drum's height, so I added mom's hat pins, her old fancy buttons, and one of her wooden thread spools.
This is what the top looked like before the finish. I removed the gathering and just hand sewed it shut, using the batting beneath to hold the walnut shells.
Do you remember my sampler bag freebie? I made a long pinkeep from that and use it all the time. I'm wondering what it would look like as a miniature drum. Maybe too small for machine sewing but one day, I'll find out.
If you haven't tried making a drum, give it a chance. Once the sides are evenly matched and sewn, the only critical part is having the circles the correct size and marked for your seam. If you have trouble with that, sew the edge with a muslin strip and finish with lined top and bottom circles, or Theresa's method of using a piece of wool. Or..sew the top and bottom on but leave an opening in the center of the drum's side seam for turning and filling, then sew shut. Or.......follow Stacy's instructions in the chart!
Have a great day.
Thanks for stopping by!