Hiya. The caps are coming in. I ordered a few rolls of the Washi tape and the smaller bronze caps too (BF25). Only $2.85 for eight with no additional shipping, couldn't let them go. They will be very small berries! I can spray paint with one of the metal colors if they are too dark.
The berry pattern I used is in a mess upstairs and I will post the measurements if anyone wants to use them. Since the top needs to be narrow, the standard templates weren't working for me. I did find that stuffing it to the very very top with just enough fabric to close made the top narrower. So I used my letter opener and just kept packing the walnut shells in. For one of them to fit the cap, I needed to add more shells and then I laid a tiny piece of muslin over them before I gathered it closed. The fabric didn't quite meet but the muslin beneath held the shells from escaping.
After pulling all the teals, I decided on 503 for the row above the blue people. The greener 523 looked really nice but it seemed to predictable for this funky piece. I also had to remove the letters in the center because I misread that symbol, they are to be blue. After working on the very light vase at the bottom, this sampler is fantastic. I'm very glad that I used the darker Sea Glass.
High Sunday will be 49. Before and after, 60. All during, rain.
If you have sun, enjoy it!