Once again, I am shortening the design. I wasn't planning to, but once I saw how striking these two figures are on this linen, I didn't want anything else to take away from that. It would still be a great piece with the top motifs but I am liking it just as it is.
I thought a type of wallet or purse would be great for a finish, but that's a lot of work without a pattern. A needlebook is perfect. But that isn't as visible and mostly displayed in one area. I like this enough to want to see it often and move it easily so a hanging accent fits the bill. Framing in a 4x6 works too, but then I leave a hole in the wall every time I change its position. One thing I would have done differently if I had known the finish .... make both figures the same height. Other than that, love love love. The blue fabric will be the back.
I am so glad I finally got the hang of blocks of stitches. My older pieces that had houses or lawns, anything solid, looked striped. The tension (or maybe the sewing method) created striations that were obvious.
Once I started doing the first half of the stitch from side to side until the area was filled, and then crossed the second half in rows running top to bottom, it made a big difference.
You can see the arm looks like there is a tiny space between the rows, but not on the dress, chest, or block beneath her. It helps my work look more uniform and that is certainly an improvement.
The doc said xrays show no break. I have a bad sprain on the right ankle and the left foot. There is one spot that is very painful to touch and with this amount of swelling and sudden sharp pains, I thought it was broken. I wish the swelling would go away - can't wear my sandals.
Hopefully will be painting boxes and making a few corner squares today. But it's nice outside and Mark is golfing, I'll probably have my butt on the swing enjoying some solitude.
Thanks for visiting.