Free

May 25, 2026

Remember


 Printed on the back of my patriotic pear.  Every year I view the American cemeteries in foreign lands, and imagine how families of these fallen dealt with their loved ones being buried so far away.  They served together, they rest together.


**************


6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

May God bless those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms 🇺🇸

Anonymous said...

Marly, I’ve never seen that poem before so thanks for sharing it. Hope you’re enjoying your day. Cherie in WI

Anonymous said...

My Uncle Joey fell at the Battle of the Bulge. The loss to my mother’s family was staggering. My Baba and Dedo were immigrants from Slovakia.

Bobbin Norris said...

Thank you SO much for your post! Very appropriate poem, which should be read every Memorial Day. Did you put that on there or was there once fabric with the poem? Is there a proper title for the poem?

Sherry B said...

Flanders Fields. We were so lucky to be on a Viking cruise to Paris and Normandy a few years ago. While we did not plan it, our tour of Normandy was on US Memorial Day. They prepared a beautiful wreath, planned a ceremony, with all veterans on board participating, Taps. All in the beautiful setting of the American cemetery. It will always remain in my memory and heart, tears for all those who sacrificed. Thank you for posting the poem.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Flanders Field has always been a favorite poem of mine. I love it on the back of your pear. Yes, that would be devastating to me to have a spouse, child or other loved one buried so far away. When I chose the plot for my husband's grave, I immediately began stressing about whether I should purchase an additional plot for my son...his wife...my grands. I wish we had a family plot like many of the older sites have. Now you know one more thing that occupies my mind.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!