Free

May 20, 2026

Stunad

Italian for foolish.  And I certainly am.

Picked the needle up after days of dizzy, and I am finally getting the pattern for this coverlet memorized.  Somewhat.  Why don't I just chart it?  Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do rather than error after error and continuously referring to my original stitched square?  Geez a lou.

Since my laptop croaked, I cannot download or transfer my old free charting program, which held all my freebies and pears.  But I have graph paper, so that's not an excuse.

This is 36 count, slightly larger than the 40 finish, and I'm winging it.  Once the ecru fills in, I think (know) I will love it.   A tiny pillow would be sweet too.  

For those interested in the miniatures shown previously, A Tebbatt is from RedBarn samplers, the other is my adaptation of a photo on French General's site, no chart. The larger is Scarlet Letter's 1840 Miniature on 46 count.

My tablet suddenly denied access to any retailer, so I needed to change to the Firefox browser.  Google and Chrome are the problem.  Before that change, my screen orientation failed, even trying to read gmail, and if I wanted to use vertical, it disappeared.  I can't stop the voice respond, even though settings deny it.  My photo Gallery has changed, and I'm looking for an open window to toss the tablet.  Ran everything necessary for virus or mal, looked for remedies, all failed.  As for the laptop, I found a place that will install windows 10 and remove the most annoying Windows 11.  

Rainy, cold, blah blah blah.

Be safe.  Be well.  Behave.

*************

4 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Ugh on the laptop issues. I am so computer illiterate I would not know what to do. Loving your mini's. We went form 89 yesterday to storms that moved in now to 49. What a temperature drop. Janice

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the two red miniatures. Both are so sweet and special. Great inspiration!

Vera said...

Ugh to any laptop or tablet issue. I switched to a Mac Book and have not had any issues since doing that. Those minis are too darn cute and I love your latest pattern in red. Gorgeous. Thunderstorm yesterday afternoon - that got rid of the close to 100 degree temps.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I thought you had gotten a new laptop? Recently? Maybe I'm misreading things. I've been doing a lot of that these days apparently. Your red coverlet heart is going to be awesome...I KNOW it too. And doing things the easy, sensible, way is overrated, ya know? Cold here too...No rain, but not much sun either. Still dropping into the 30's every night. Gonna be a short, short, summer.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!