Free

Jul 31, 2026

The snowman cometh

 Finally done with the first leg of him.  I can't tell you how many errors I made, so grateful that these weren't full crosses.  You would think aligning the stitch over the row beneath is foolproof.  Well, this fool is proof it ain't.  The row would end one linen thread off, not a big deal if it's within a row, but not the outline.  A miss in several rows and his head would be misshapen.  Over and moving on now, edges are correct.  Or close.  The floss being so close in color to the linen was probably the cause.

Remember when my plan was to add stones to this area with a barnstone edge?  Too much work, stopped half way.  I angled a bench and added the tubs to hide the furnace pipes and spigot, a potted hosta, a rocker.  Much better, not an unattractive area now.



I would love to put my huge cast iron sink with backsplash here, but we can't move it.  Found in the woods, years younger ago, it is in need of a good cleaning.  Rusted and perfect for me!  Maybe Scott can bring his son and build a stand for it on casters.  Hmmm.  Photo looks odd because it's leaning on a tree.

Tending to flowers this afternoon, still being careful after my third knee injection.  Stopped Crestor (rosuvastatin) again, back on Pravastatin.  Not as good, but without the side effects.  Stopped before and started back on a lower dose.  I am so stiff it is difficult to rise!  If this resolves in a few weeks, I'll know for sure the cause.  

Enjoy your day!

*************

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember my grandparents had that same sink on their farm when I was kid. Brings back memories. I would love to have one like that in my house. Your house is lovely.

Truus said...

Looks great and with the sink even better if it can be placed in this corner.
It's a beautiful Hibiscus with the white flowers. Have had this one too in our former garden and now I have a pink one.
Hope your knee will not stiff anymore in a few days.
Take care and have a lovely weekend, Truus from Holland

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your snow fella is so sweet. Now that you have the hard part over and done, you'll have the second crosses done lickety split. I love your little corner! Prim, yet neat and tidy. But I want to know how you have that shepherd's hook in there when you have brick? What am I not seeing?? That cast iron sink is wonderful...yes, check with Scott!! Your Rose of Sharon is so beautiful. I know in some places they can actually be invasive but, here, they're not even hardy. I do have a few other types of hibiscus though that I plant (and often replace grr....). Happy August...hope no snowman cometh yet.

Marian said...

I LOVE the sink and the outdoor areas are gorgeous. Boo to stitching hassles 🥰🐾

Prims By The Water said...

We saw one of these sinks on a road one time and would have picked it up but our truck was full and it would not have fit. They sure dont make them like that anymore. Your little corner is so sweet even if you did not finish it the way you wanted to. This snowman is a sweet guy. Hope you do not have any more problems stitching him. Janice

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!