The WDW Onyx was my preference, so I thought loosening up a bit would help. It did. My stitches usually (always) have tension. Whether because I don't hoop, or maybe because I use the sewing method, they are a bit too tight. Being conscious of this allowed me to slow down, the stitch to relax a bit, and coverage is good now. That made enough of a difference for dark thread on light fabric. Never considered it before, but probably why I have always had issues when using black threads.
Crabby because it's September, happy because my project looks good.
Can't have it all.
I've been dealing with a bug for days that requires close proximity to a bathroom. Our 56th was Saturday and we stayed home instead of the usual long ride through cow/horse areas and a stop for frozen treats. It's what I prefer over people and public. Also planned on making the Bacardi rum cake for our visit with friends (her mom's signature dessert) that I hope will take place tomorrow.
For you Fall lovers, Labor Day is probably celebrated as its beginning. Summer lovers dread it as the end.
Be safe!
***********

5 comments:
This is looking sooo good Marly!! I have tension issues too...in my stitches, my hooking loops, my body, my mind.... Happy 56th!! Wow! What an amazing achievement. While I love fall, Labor Day is, for me, an "end" as our summers are so short and get shorter this each year. It was to have been an entire weekend and week of rain but it's been absolutely perfect weather (other than the lack of rain which we so desperately need) the past few days. Hope you kick the bug soon..and happy stitches.
Lovely work!!!
Happy 56th Marly! 🎉💞 wishing you many more happy years without bugs! Hope it will disapear very soon!
Your stitching looks fantastic.
Take care, Truus from Holland
Happy 56th Marly! Hope you have many many more anniversaries. Also Happy Labor Day. We had a wonderful rain free weekend thus far. Hope you feel better and loving your stitches. Janice
Marly, you’re enabling me to add this to my stash! You are really moving along on this! Congratulations on 56 years! We’ll be celebrating 46 next week. The years really fly by, don’t they? Happy Labor Day! Try to make the best of it. The summer went by too fast for me, too! Cherie in WI
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!