Free

▼

Sep 30, 2026

Not sure about this

Ran into several issues.  Many because I've never done this before, and most because of my lack of patience.  I had the thicker twisted cord done but during the final knotting the beads started leaking.  The taped end slipped off while knotting.  

These jewelry strings are held by a filament that looks and feels like fishing line.  Not cooperative.  I didn't try to restring them with thread, should have.  Anyway, I was afraid to go any further so just used twisted floss wrapped with one string.  No intention to try again.  If the glue holds those ends, I'll be surprised.  

I do like the look though.  Not all saturated blue, not neutral drab.  So if tiny tiny beads start appearing on my floor, a two color cording will be the final.  I think it's ideal for this piece.

Matilda Hornbuckle is up next.

Later.

**********

5 comments:

Vera said...

As always Marly, that looks lovely. I have NO patience for working with beads! LOL

Prims By The Water said...

Sure hope the beads hold up as it looks mighty fine. Janice

wranglerkate said...

Love that cording - it's a beautiful finish!

Carol said...

Such a unique way to trim your piece, Marly! Hope it holds up and I look forward to meeting Matilda :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oooo.....now that is pretty cool.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!