Free

Feb 25, 2026

Living dangerously


I dislike bands and borders comprised of several colors and patterns requiring my full attention.
I tend to make a mess of them.

For the one beneath the first row of script, I stitched the single row first, went back to add the stems.  That worked well.  This larger one beneath the second script row will be a drill in my jawbone.  

So I am working a few sections at a time, with the flower in place.  Taking a real chance they are correctly positioned!  They look off compared to chart photo but chart itself is slightly different.  Same as the other, will do the vine separately, add the leaves once it's in place.  Easier for me to stitch one element at a time, less frustration than counting several areas at one time.

Had a few emails about implants.  Most offices (mine is periodontist) have credit plans.  I don't have a choice after a 35 year permanent bridge was removed.  The anchor tooth's root canal failed and was extracted.  Because of Sjogren's, my mouth has very very little saliva and partials need that moisture for suction to hold them in place.  My only option for replacement is implants.

The "situation" will begin a resolution next week.  Not a good one at all, but no other options.

Have a good day folks.

**********

3 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Am really liking this pattern. Good idea on stitching the band. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad you found a stitching approach that synchs with you. It's looking great. I like the color change on the fox (??) (sorry...had a needle poked in my eye again today so am not seeing very clearly) - it makes it jump out so much more than the original. As for the mouth issues...I feel your pain. Literally and figuratively. I thought the pain, ordeal, and expense of the implants and new bridge would resolve things for a while... Not so much. I've had...and have to have more...crowns, root canals and fillings...since that I am thinking I will need to go back to work soon. The dry mouth thing just exacerbates every stinking thing. Not the same cause as yours, but the same effect. :-(

Truus said...

A great way to stitch the border! Love the colors youare using for this piece.
Take care,Truus from Holland

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!