You have no idea how close I came to destroying this sampler.
Over one or three threads instead of two, misalignment with almost every motif. Many errors were adapted or modified which is fine. But. The damn threads were a nightmare. The short tails on the back shredded and their fuzz would come through to the front. All the picking, even just pulling out a few stitches caused shredding. That fuzz, which I could not remove no matter what aid I used, created messy looking stitches. I started using wax or Thread Heaven, no help. The linen felt glued at some points and my needle would not go in easily or at all.
Just a very frustrating project.
The bottom consisting of name and date is one color, won't be many tails, errors easily worked in. Dmc 934 but I may use 310. The photos from my Samsung tablets are not clear, not correct color, the sampler is much prettier and vivid.
I can't wait for her to be added to the pile of finishes with no place to go.
Enjoy your weekend.
*************

7 comments:
Oh no on the shredding and fuzz. I would have been frustrated as well. It seems Classic Colorworks always shreds on me no matter what project I am working on. I hate that floss. Your sampler does look wonderful though and so glad you kept going on it. Janice
I juist had the same issue with some DMC thread on my BIG sampler. Annoying. I need to do some fixing today....
It's is lovely! It amazes me how much stitching you get down with all your health problems. You are a real inspiration!
I hate this was such a frustration. It is such a lovely piece. Personally I vote 3771 instead of 310. Oh, wait you didn’t ask. Tee hee hee. Another posted about Classic Colorworks, it is my least favorite floss as it is the least colorfast. I’ve been trying to substitute Weeks Dye Works or Gentle Arts when and where I can. It will soon be a drawer liner. I have many. It is a beautiful piece. You do great work.
Sorry for all your troubles, but it is gorgeous!
Really a lovely sampler. I tried stitching the other night and could not. This eyesight thing is going to be heartbreaking.
It looks beautiful to me and I am so sorry for you with the trouble of the shredding of your threads.
Take care and stay save, Truus from Holland
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!