Free

Apr 16, 2026

The fuzz cover

I admit it.
I dislike sewing a tuck closed.  Never satisfied with result.
So I glue.

First, press/crease the seam how it will close, the backing slightly shorter.

The fuzz from fill always grabs onto the glue applicator and can prevent clean lines.  I use fast food napkins (any tissue) and tear longer than the opening.  Poke down both sides to control fuzz (or other fill), test closure.  

Push the cover in deep so it doesn't get in the seam, no need to remove.  Add a very thin line of Tacky (water removes it, not permanent) with a pick, close adjusting the backing to hide edge. 

 Clip on the very edge for a minute, no more.

Squeeze gently to remove any dents from the clips.

Bingo.

My kind of seam closure. If some glue gets where it shouldn't be, use watered q-tip until gone.

Why am I in high gear?  A week today.  Such irrational fear about this upcoming 
 procedure.  Can't sleep, can't settle, shaky, ativan from doc doing nothing.  Worried about getting sick as I always do from any twilight or sedation.  Yes they will add something to calm me..... and that also makes me dizzy .... nausea results. If I need stents as they assume, I doubt dry heaves will be a good action.  Will start very high doses of steroids, antihistamines (that increase my sjogrens symptoms) because of allergy to the contrast dye.  And the chance of serious arrythmias since I have pvc, pac, afib, and vt.  I got 'em all!!  Will be there tomorrow for my brother and I hope seeing it all will calm me down.  All the tubes and gowns and masks?  Doubtful.  As I said, irrational.  

Sorry for the rambling.  But .... AUGH!

I will find a monotone small to stitch for the hours we will be there tomorrow.  Think of the errors in that one!

Have a good day folks.  

***********

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marly, so sorry about your stress with your upcoming procedure. I like your idea of a fuzz cover. I’m not sure that I could glue it but I always get the fuzz when I sew mine shut. Sending you good thoughts that you can relax and get some rest. I hope all goes well with your brother. Cherie in WI

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a perfect finish.
All procedures are scary and nerve wracking! Prayers for your brother and hugs to you ♥️

Prims By The Water said...

I would be nervous myself. Hope all goes well. Great finish. Janice

Truus said...

I do understand why you are so nervous for next week and hope that seeing your brother it will calm you down. All will go well with your brother.
Isabella Hardy is beautiful as it is! And a great way to finish your stitching.
Take care and sending lots of hugs and prayers for you and your brother.
Truus from Holland

Vera said...

Oh dear! I would be nervous too. Hope all goes well for your brother today and I hope you can get some rest! Thanks for showing how you close up a little seam (I've always hated doing that!).

JustGail said...

I hope all goes well for your brother and that it helps with the anxiety about your upcoming procedure. All. your reactions to the testing dyes and other meds makes it tough for you, so being anxious is quite understandable.

Your newest stitch finish is sweet, and thanks for showing how you do your pillow closures.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!