Well, brighter. Used 930 and 612, tried a light thread for the third. But 613, 822, 3866, and 3865 all looked dirty. Ecru has more color than these, but the warmer tone showed much brighter. So the darker thread is actually lighter. Almost too light, but I did not care for the very drab look against the 612. 3866 looked ideal to me, but after a section was stitched, was surprisingly dull.
This stitching is so much easier than I expected. I added a row to the left top to match the right side because .... well, you know.
Checking out the greenhouses today, always loaded for Mother's Day. But with our very cold temps, moms will need to keep their flowers in the house for at least another ten days.
Have a good day!
**********


4 comments:
Happy Spring Marly: Love this heart design, I have had problem where a thread just did not look right, you made a great decision on This liter color.
Catherine🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩
This is beautiful.
Love this heart Marly and it looks so different with these colors.
Just asking-- did you stitch this one before???
Take care, Truus from Holland
I read this post last night but I couldn't wrap my head around "the warmer tone showed much brighter" or "the darker thread is actually lighter" so thought I'd come back this morning and maybe it'd be clearer to me. Nope. Your patience with colors astounds me.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!