Free

May 26, 2026

The poems

 For those that asked....

Flanders Fields
1915

Memorial Day

  Flanders fields today, deteriorated sandbags replaced with concrete.

This is why we purchase silk poppies from vets around Memorial day and Veteran's day.
 There are many free poppy charts online if you would like to stitch one, easily add names of veterans beneath, or not.
This is one from Yarnspirations, pdf download.

I'm shot for the rest of the day. Always affects me.

************

6 comments:

debbie h. said...

Such a beautiful and sad memorial poem. When I was growing up, veterans would sell artificial poppies outside of church for a dime. I haven't seen poppies for sale in decades :-(

Prims By The Water said...

I always purchase the poppies. Anything to help our veterans. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

It’s been a while since I have seen them, but l always purchased a poppy.
Without our veterans our great Land would not be as we know it 🇺🇸

Licia said...

An older member recites 'Flanders Fields' at our church service every year on the Sunday before Memorial Day. That torch has been passed at least once. Very moving.
Last year when we were in London there were poppies at the Tower.

Truus said...

In the UK every year in the beginning of November they will have a memory evening with veterans old and young.
Than they will recites Flanders Field wearing poppies....
We will watch this every year again....
Take care, Truus from Holland

TheCrankyCrow said...

Achingly poignant and sad

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!