Free

May 23, 2026

When it becomes a chore,

and that love for the project turns to ... meh,
it's time to set it aside. 

Good grief I am so tired of this.  And my favorite 3777 is not as red as I expected with the ecru, seems darker and drab.  Many many hours, days, and frustrating errors involved, but sometimes it is best to let go.  Almost half the ecru fill completed.... 
adios.


At some point it will be done, but moving to a small that can be completed quickly is best for now.  The Nash designs and these birds from Erica Michaels will be perfect.



I am wearing sweats and can't believe how cold it is.  My flowers were kept inside for over a week and I finally moved them out.  Not good at all, the temps, the wind, the rain are nasty.  It will be June shortly, and I remember needing the heat on during that month the last few years.

I thought my echocardiogram taken May 5 was fine since I did not receive a call.  Found out yesterday it hasn't been seen by a doctor or read yet.  And this is the state of art wonderful surgical center that received 5 stars.

Enjoy the weekend.

***********




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marly, it’s such a shame that our health care system is what it is. I think your heart is looking good but when it gets to be a pain, then it’s time to set it aside for a while. The chart of berries with the birds has been on my wish list but we can only stitch so fast. I’ll look forward to seeing yours. I just moved my plants outside for the first time, today. I’m going to chance it and leave them out tonight! We’re on the shore of Lake Michigan and haven’t been warmer than the 50’s most days. Actually, most days have been in the 40’s! Inland it’s 60’s and some 70’s so it’s quite depressing at times. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Cherie in WI

Prims By The Water said...

Ugh on test not even being looked at. I did not purchase those bird berries, but need to re-visit them. I passed before because I have so many strawberries and pears to stitch already. I do love your heart, but best to put aside and come back to it. Janice

Vera said...

Health care continues to be a struggle for so many. I'm sorry your test has not yet been read - amazing! And frustrating... The little birds are adorable.

Twyla said...

My paternal grandmother always told me," Don't make a chore out of your life."

TheCrankyCrow said...

Heartaches...of all sorts. I'm sorry. Yes, still cold here...to be expected here in Nod...especially on Memorial Day. But so, so, many of my perennials did not make it. Things I've had for years and years....lilacs, rhododendrons, hibiscus, ferns, obedient plants...you name it...didn't survive this year. With everything else, I'm more than ready to give up and live just surrounded by weeds.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!