Done it before, don't mind recycling Primitive Place. But Early Homes?
Maybe create a folder with pages I want to keep.
It was one of the best for colonial style.
But I'm looking to simplify, still house searching, still love that style.
What are you doing today?
Behave!
***********

8 comments:
I've never seen either of those magazines. I hear you on the simplifying...if for no other reason it's less to dust around or move to dust then put back.
I have *so* many notebooks with articles & pictures I've saved from magazines. I'm very slowly going through and tossing things that don't interest me. Truth is I could toss the entire contents as once in the notebooks, I've never looked at them again. Except for the information on what does/doesn't grow close to black walnuts, that I have referred back to.
I forgot to answer your question - today I'm going to get the fig tree in the ground and then move on to trimming spend iris stalks and pulling the grass out of them.
Hi Marly, I have such a hard time getting rid of magazines. I just hate recycling them as I always feel like there’s someone who would enjoy them. I have the Twin Peaks patriotic chart in my stash and I totally forgot about it! Maybe I’ll add it to the stack of patriotic charts I’m stitching this summer! As for me, I’m doing laundry today and doing some cleaning in the basement! Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? I’d much rather be doing some planting! Cherie in WI
I loved those magazines, as well as Colonial Homes and the Ethan Allen catalog! I saved so many copies and then did what you are thinking. I kept folders of gardening, decorating and furniture plans. Later I looked through them and wondered if I had not saved enough. Sadly I think most are now gone and it is hard to find a good periodical to enjoy paging through. As for today trying to solve a bath remodel plumbing issue which is causing a headache!
I still get Primitive Place. I do miss the Simple Life one. I am going to eat me some breakfast, start stitching and watch my tv shows I taped. Janice
Today I am stitching and trying to fully finish a few projects. Just dimple framing; nothing fancy. I am not good at nor fond of fully finishing. NOT MY THANG. I finished the adorable poppy pattern you mentioned previously-the one from Yarnspirations and I really love it. Thank you for referencing it.
As far as magazines, I have a terrible time getting rid of them. I have the entire set of the Simple Life magazine and keep thinking I am going to read every one of them but you know how that goes.
Love all your posts. Lisa B.
When moving house a few years ago I got rid of years of magazines from the first number till we moved home.... Sometimes I regret that but would I read them again?? I don't think so....
Today a day of relaxing after a week full of stress...
Take care, Truus from Holland
Somehow this post slipped through my feed yesterday? Only seeing it now. I have a love/hate relationship with magazines. I've subscribed to many...managed to actually read few...so they go into a box or stack to be read "at some point." When I first married, I subscribed to "Country Living" and loved many of the recipes they posted. Of course I couldn't bring myself to actually rip into or cut a magazine so I saved the entire magazine...and ended up with boxes. I finally started going through some of those boxes a few months ago but it's so difficult as they are in boxes in the basement and I have to carry them up as much as I can handle at one time...and that isn't much so it takes forever. I also have Simple Life, Primitive Place and who knows what else. What am I doing today? Well, that was yesterday. I took my cat to be "transitioned" into a lion and have some of his teeth removed, ran errands between dropping him off and picking him up, and then refereed the cat fights that ensued when my other cat thought my transitioned cat was truly a lion.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!