Free

Jul 29, 2026

Moving on ... 2026 Finish #18

 Thanks for your comments and thoughts.  Feeling a little better, she did get a car and out of sister's.  But still there.  Another month is ending (AUGH!!) and as with every month for the last twelve, she was told to be gone by the end.  That's Friday.  But she won't go, just as she hasn't the other eleven months.  I'm not sure if she knows the PA laws (prior post) and that's why she doesn't go, or if she is just that arrogant and knows the kids are on her side.  No, she is not taking her cats to her dad's tiny run down rental.  There are more kittens on the way, and I am so disgusted with the agencies here.  Nephew wants his son to stay in the house.  The latest insulin delivery method and sensors are amazing, his son is connected through his phone to monitor his dad's info and current glucose levels.  When nephew is exhausted from working too much, his sleep is deep, and the alarms sounding on his unit do not wake him.  His son, if not near enough, will call us or EMT to get to him quickly.  His drops are sudden and rapid, the pump stops the insulin drip at a set glucose reading, but levels continue to drop. We are more comfortable having his son there too.  

****************

Did I show my finish of Merry Old Soul?
DMC and overdyed red from Needle Necessities on 40 count Winter Brew.  I didn't do as may flakes as charted and changed one to another pattern because of an error.  Also added a gold stitch to the berries.

I've had vertigo off and on for over two weeks so stitching hasn't been daily.  Peppermint Pals pants were done 2.5 times because my errors weren't caught until the second color was added to the plaid.  Most were in the middle!  So at least half had to be frogged and redone several times.  Even had to change his shoes.  At least those corrections made the third color error free.

I'm anxious to start that little Folk Art Basket from Kitten Stitcher.  When I get really tired of the second leg of all the off white in this guy, I may set him aside and start it.

Where has summer run off to?  Good grief it will be August in two days!

Damn.  I'm not even tired of zucchini yet.

Hope your week is going well.

*********************


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marly, I’m glad you’re feeling a little better about things. Writing it down had to be a little therapeutic. Hopefully, you’ll get some relief from the vertigo soon. I’ve had bouts of it this summer, too, but I’ve connected it to allergies. They seem to be bad this year. It’s good to see some stitching. Don’t fret too much about Peppermint Pal’s pants. I did some frogging on them, too! I can’t believe it’s Aug. in 2 days! I’m trying to figure out where June, and now July went! We need to slow this train down!! Relax and enjoy the rest of your week. Cherie in WI

Prims By The Water said...

Probably telling us the story again was good for your soul. Hope your vertigo subsides. Love both these Christmas patterns and have both. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Like Cherie, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better...not so glad, though, to hear there really isn't any hope of ridding the house of GF and the cats. What's the use of removing/replacing carpeting and furniture only to have it done over again (kind of like me and the flooring at the lake...which had another flood issue...)? Your Merry Old Soul is wonderful. I'm anxious to watch you stitch Folk Art Basket...it's a great design. Hope the vertigo resolves. Right about July slipping away? I have a couple plants still withering in their little seedling pots sitting on my patio table. Each day that slips by I think "why bother?"

Truus said...

I am sorry about the vertigo, but reliefed,it helps a bit about telling us about GF and the problems she is giving you.
Happy to see you are stitching again and I love the first one.
Take care and a big hug,Truus from Holland

Vera said...

Vertigo is not fun - I know! Hope that ends soon. I'm glad, too, that you are feeling a bit better. I think telling us about all that happened has made it somehow easier for you to bear. I hope so anyway. Take care. I can't believe it is almost August!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!