Free

Jul 18, 2026

Not yet

A few things

First, I received an email regarding the steam press of stuffed finishes.  No, you do not steam the filling.  You steam press the piece after the filling is inside.  Stuff, THEN press. 

OK.

Secondly, the Classic Colorworks color Campfire, lists dmc alternative as 535.  Checked several sources, all claim 535 which is dark gray.  Those berries on the vine are red, not gray.  I chose 321.  The same vine is in Peppermint Pals and Sweater Weather, the berries on them list a red thread.

As for the beard and light areas, ecru wasn't enough contrast, white or 3865, too stark.  My remedy is stitching the first leg in ecru, crossing second leg with 3865.  Happy.  Used this method on the hat band and will do the rest same.  I stitch the sewing method so this will be quite easy for me.


Snowflakes will be all white.

Crabass. 
Out.

***********

7 comments:

Sandra said...

CC Campfire is indeed a grey, so I have no idea why they picked that for the berries which are obviously red. I have searched for chart corrections but there are none for this pattern.

Prims By The Water said...

It seems Brenda must have made a chart mistake. Those berries are definitely red. Good idea for the hat band and beard. Looking good! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Very clever fix for the white....but since I don't do the sewing method, it'd drive me nuts. This lil' guy is so sweet.

Carol said...

I'm wondering if the intended DMC was 355 which is red and they just got the numbers mixed up? Santa is growing nicely!

Robin in Virginia said...

A friend says she has used 355 or 918 for CC's Campfire.

Truus said...

Santa is looking great with the way you used the white.
Take care, Truus from Holland

Sandra said...

Just found my hank of CC Campfire and it is a red, goodness knows where I was looking and thought it was grey. Still doesn't explain the conversion though.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!