Free

Sep 18, 2026

Chris update

I actually made a decision.
When in doubt, I usually set the work where it may be displayed.  In my hands under my nose isn't the same as ten feet away!  I pinned the gray, loved it up close, but not at a distance.  Lost with other Halloween finishes so I chose the 782.  I did it, but still question it. 

Almost finished with the stars, hope to final finish with black fringe today.

As for Chris, the cats are all outside except for a few kittens.  The carpeting and furniture was removed a few months ago, no more excrement.  But kittens keep coming.  The garbage dump that she is is still living in my sister's bedroom.  I can't get into this, need to calm down, because after last night .... livid.  

Tuesday, one ER did three different CT scans, two xrays, and every blood test possible.  He should be glowing from radiation.  Finding nothing they gave him an ativan and sent him home.  So weak, he couldn't drive.  His girlfriend asked about a covid test upon arrival, was told it was "premature".  Asked again when discharging, said his lungs are clear.  (So were my brother's and mine with covid)

Thursday, getting worse, short of breath, she takes him to her hospital.  Demands a covid test, tells the EMT and nurse to put that in their report.  Another three CT scans with contrast, xrays, blood work.  They don't "work" with previous hospital to get their images or test results.  Lungs, abdomen, chest, heart, all clear.  He can't breathe, getting weaker.  Nine hours later they are scheduling a head CT.  She is asking for answers, asked if he should do another covid test tomorrow.  Doc said, "we didn't do a covid test".  She blows up and asks why a simple requested test wasn't done.  He gets snarky, then tests, covid.  And they still do the head CT!!! Another two hours in the er.  Radiation from SEVEN ct scans.  Everyone at both hospitals, visitors, waiting room, exposed.  A simple f-ing cheap test could have saved him three days without treatment, many hours of his time, a boatload of cost, and others from being exposed.  Both hospitals were overloaded with patients. And both times this test was requested at intake.  I am positively livid.  He is on Paxlovid today with an inhaler and very sick.


***********

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marly! That is absolutely absurd! You have every right to be livid! I hope Chris starts to feel better soon. And, that there’s someone out there to fix our health care in this country. As usual, I love your current stitch and can’t believe how quick you finished it! Enjoy the weekend! Cherie in WI

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I would be more than livid, that is negligence. I thought that would be one of the 1st things they would do if someone came into the ER short of breath, yes do a chest xray but when doing labs do a respiratory panel. Not only did they put Chris through all that, they exposed everyone else there and you know if you need a ER visit you're not your best and all those people probably had varied health issues that did not need exposure to Covid. I hope he feels better soon.Jen

Maureen said...

Your project looks wonderful. Your fabric and color choices really accent the moodiness of the piece. Love it! Very sorry to read of Chris' hospital experience and I do hope he feels better very soon

Vera said...

What a disaster! I sure hope Chris is doing better. Healthcare is such a mess! Beautiful stitching Marly.

Prims By The Water said...

What kind of a hospital is that? I would be livid too. Praying he gets better quick. Loving this new piece. It will be finished in a flash with your speedy needle. Janice

JustGail said...

I...got no words. No, I do. WTF!?!? for a start, will end it there. Glad the cats are mostly outside now. Even so...
I hope Chris starts recovering soon, and well done to his GF raising hell with the doctor.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!