Free

Apr 22, 2026

End of watch

Wasted much time trying different floss on the tree.  Chart looks almost white, I like it, but it wasn't showing.  I lightly swept an artist brush over my ink stamp pad, added more mottling to the linen to help contrast the white.  I tried the dmc equivalent of the chart, yuk yellow.  Tried other yellows.  Tried various lights, 437 worked best.  I still like the white, but do not like ghosted stitches.  This is stitched with extra thread and still not enough so I moved on to the bottom.

The almost white wasn't working there either, switched to 437.  But this photo shows it ghosted and I like it, so was still leaning white.  Until. 

 A whale slub stopped it all.  So fuzzy you couldn't see the linen threads over it.  It's gone and left a repair I've done many times.  But I can't.

First of all, this is larger than I expected.  Second, I don't have a pocket watch.  Third, anxiety has me at a near non-functioning state.

So I'm done with it.

Hope to post this weekend.  Wish me luck tomorrow.

Behave yourself!  Be safe.

************

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow, Marly. I’ll send good thoughts your way. Cherie in WI

Paula said...

Good luck, Marly! You will be in my thoughts!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Best of luck. You got this!
Hugs and prayers ♥️

Maureen said...

I do wish you good luck, I send you good thoughts and prayers.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Prayers, luck, and best thoughts....Let us know as soon as you can how things went! (And for the record, I do like the white....suppose you could always outline each with the 437 if the ghosting bugs you too much...it doesn't me. Then again, slubs don't bother me. ;-) ) Hugs my friend....

Prims By The Water said...

Good luck. I hate ghosted letters. Janice

Truus said...

Hope all went well on Thursday.
Don't like it,when stitches will not show up.
Take care, Truus from Holland

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!