Free

Apr 20, 2026

Heads up!

As I get closer to my procedure, my anxiety increases.  So I assumed it was my fault that this outline needed frogged FOUR times.  Each time I found an over three thread error which I assumed was the cause.  Of course, they didn't help, but they weren't the main reason as each time this circle failed to meet.

Between the first and second peak, top row, the chart has an extra stitch (as the original).  I made the mistake of following the pattern, not the chart.

The blue line shown on the left is charted three stitches, and four on the opposite side.  So I added that extra stitch from the top row to that area so it matches the right.  Symmetry!

Just wanted to give a heads up.  No matter how many times I looked over the chart, I failed to catch this.  

19th Century Watch Pocket
NWP

Have a good day.

************


5 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I hate when that happens...and trust me it has happened to me as well. UGH Janice

Truus said...

I know your feelings when this happens!!
Counting the stitches again and again and don't find what is wrong. Often I put it aside and count again after an hour or so and then you can see what was wrong.
Thinking of you 💞
Take care, Truus from Holland

Vera said...

I can't even begin to tell you how many times that has happened to me. Frustrating for sure.

Anonymous said...

Frustrating that it wouldn't match; I don't know that I could have found the error without a long time-out.
The fabric color is amazing- aged and vintage without looking dirty. Looks to be a very pleasant shape, too.
Husband inherited 3 "antique" "gold" pocket watches from his father; for most of his life he'd heard about these heirlooms that would be his someday. Vague stories about the great-great Victorian grandfathers they'd belonged to, held onto somehow during his father's very poverty-stricken childhood to be passed down through the generations to husband by-and-by. Presented to husband with great solemn ceremony on the occasion of clearing out the family home for the parents to move to assisted living, with many admonitions to keep them safe due to their extreme age and high value.
After, I insisted they be appraised for insurance. Guess you may know where this is going: the watches were neither antique, nor gold, nor of any value whatsoever. Most likely purchased from a tourist stall on a New York street in the late 1950s, too cheap to even be sold in a 5-and-dime.
Husband never could get an answer as to whether his father knew and had been lying for 40 years, or if he'd been thoroughly scammed by a street seller back in the day.
No value, but kind of a funny-sad story now.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Grrrr.... I guess there are different types of OCD....yours prioritizes symmetry, mine prioritizes pattern-following (not to be confused with rule-following...totally different things those two.)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!