Free

Jul 15, 2026

The repetitive rant

 I ordered 1/8th yard linens to check for color, and also because I am only doing smalls.  You know what the rant is.  

I'm not naming the colors, does no good.  In the beginning, the second or third order was a little off, but still a sibling to the first child.  Six months later, more like a cousin.  Then an aunt from the past you don't recognize.  And now a step sibling from the second marriage of your neighbor's son.  Does anyone keep samples of their work?  New dyes taking differently?  Make adjustments or change the color name for stitchers ordering online and expecting what they received previously.  Some difference is unavoidable and acceptable, completely different is not.

One order contained a Zweigart color Granite.  Whoa.  Not gray, not brown, not greenish, not reddish.  No mottling, and a really good dark neutral.  This is it (upper left) with Raw and the new lighter Mink for comparison.

Two small BBD that I ordered.  I saw similar finished into a small pouch and I have to try that.  


I think sinus is causing this issue.  We have a white pine that sheds needles all over the deck and isn't stopping.  So I used the leaf blower on high and pointed it up, blew a load of needles down.  And the itching and rash started.  Microscopic mites, some from the nests in the tree?  Whatever.  May try stitching this evening and try to catch up on blogs and IG. 

Post on corners coming.

Hope everyone is finally out of fireworks.
Be safe, be well, be cool.

*********

5 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I so do hate when the linen color changes. Has happened to me more than once. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

"...a step sibling from the second marriage of your neighbor's son." LMBO...LOVE it! And I bet that step sibling was a redhead to boot. But, yeah...even though I don't stitch much (at all these days) to notice the variations a whole lot, I have a healthy stash of one linen that used to be a favorite of mine and every time I go through my stash looking for linen, I'm astounded by the variation...exactly same linen, supposedly, same count and, actually, bought within the same year (or less). All that said, I do like each and every one of the three colors you've shown there. But wow...your Mink looks very different from both my old and newer Mink.

Truus said...

Marly you are fantastic with the names of the fabric color changes!!! 😄
Mostly I stitch on lighter fabric so I can see it much better.
Hope that the fires will be out very soon in your country.
Take care,Truus from Holland

Robin said...

That is some family tree you created, LOL.

Embroidery Digitizing Services said...

Thanks for sharing the practical realities of managing a production line.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, help, ideas, and thoughts....or just a hello!