Free

Feb 13, 2026

Winging it

No flowers.  No vines.  Thought this sampler start turned into a heart would be perfect for a colorful bird. 

Or an eagle with spreading wings.

1776 and 2026 may be in the heart's arches, one on each side.  

About the bleaching.... I've done pieces over and over without damage.  Linen is pretty tough and I use a strong solution for a quick dunk, no soaking.  I don't care if it deteriorates years later on the wall at goodwill.  It's tricky and testing a corner is necessary.  Some ptp linens turn a wild green, others don't.  I've had FOAW turn very odd shades, nothing like the original.  Too strong bleach may cause that but I don't take it slow.  

That heart shown in the prior post is from an oldie but goodie..

Quilting Bee Hearts
So many options for the quilt prints and colors.  Would make great berries too, if only I could make a cap.

My sister's friend that has so much heartache with her children and grands, lost her husband last year.  Today, her beloved daughter, the only responsible family member that cared for her, helped her deal with health issues, didn't steal from her or have her in tears for so many nights, passed away from cancer at 53.  Heartbreaking for such a good person to feel so alone and deal with so much.

Please send a prayer for Kathy O'N.

**********

6 comments:

Maureen said...

🙏🏻

TheCrankyCrow said...

I believe I am going to really love your 1776-2026 idea!!! Can't wait! So very sorry to read of Carole's friend. Praying she's finally at peace. I'd like to think God knew she needed respite. <3

Prims By The Water said...

So sorry for the loss of Carole's friend. So much loss lately. Your 1776-2026 idea is going to be great for a heart. Cannot wait to see it finished. Janice

diamondc said...

Oh Marly: I love the Eagle design, I also have the same booklet, I may have to get it out and stitch from it.
I am so sorry for your friend's loss, it is hard to believe that family members steal from anyone they are related too.
Catherine❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

What a heartbreak to lose a child. I cannot fathom the pain. And then to have the spectre of no one to assist you in your older years is just piling on heartache. Years ago I had an older widowed friend who mentioned in passing that it was a comfort to know she had such a fine son who would be there for her as she aged. Her son, a seemingly great guy, happened to be passing through the kitchen as she said this. He stopped and said in an aghast tone, "I'm not taking care of you when you're old!"
I was shocked, because he'd never seemed anything other than kind, responsible, got along with his parents, friendly and helpful to all. You never can tell.
And so he did not; my friend sold everything she owned and moved to a senior citizen apartment and later to assisted living, which of course took nearly every cent of her money; the few remaining assets went to charity when she passed. You never can tell how someone will turn out.

Carol said...

It seems like some families have more than their share of heartbreak, doesn't it, Marly? I'm so sorry about Carole's friend's losses. We are dealing with the loss of one of my husband's best biking friends who broke his neck and back in several places after a fall from his bike in late August. He had been in a halo, had surgery, was in rehab, and seemed to be recovering when he suddenly passed away Sunday night at age 72--apparently his heart just gave out. You just never know when your time is up, do you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...