Free

Jun 21, 2026

The backs


I miss my quilt shops so very much.  Checked the closest to me in Ohio and they didn't carry the makers I prefer, then closed a month later, now reopened.  I see two in Cortland Ohio that I will call before making the trip.  

Next project is Petite Susana.
Seventy five years ago today my mother wanted to name her new baby girl Susan.  She certainly isn't petite.  I never did find out where marlene came from.  

Have a happy day. 
Or a tolerable one.

************

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marly! Have a wonderful day! Cherie in WI

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy 75th Birthday Marly!! I hope you're stitching and enjoying a big chunk of cake (chocolate of course!) :-)Jen

Sherry B said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marly!

dianne said...

Tolerable Birthday to you!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happiest of birthdays!!!
I don't buy much fabric but there is no quilt store near me that sells anything I like.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest Birthday Wishes!! I knew it was your birthday, but did not realize it was a "lifemark" one. 75!! I truly hope someone in your world is celebrating and spoiling you properly. I can't think of many who deserve it more. I hear you on the quilt store issue. But for not having ones you like anymore, you sure nailed the backings for these pieces!!

Maureen said...

Getting in here with a little time to spare to wish you a Happy Birthday!!

CHEMIN Brigitte said...

Bon anniversaire, Marlène like M Dietrich.

Prims By The Water said...

Happy birthday to you Marly. Hope it was a fantastic one. I also miss my quilt shop. They closed as well. Thankfully for now I have enough fabric to use up. You picked out some great backing fabric for each piece. Love them all! My mom wanted to call me Jane. My dad did not like that name...Janice it was.

JustGail said...

Late Happy Birthday wishes to you! I hope you had a good day.
Your latest finishes are fantastic. So far (knock wood) I'm not in a bind for quilt shops. Embroidery supplies I have to drive at least an hour, and that's mostly cross stitch items. Plastic canvas (useful for more than stitching on) is not to be found, even in WM or Michaels.

Vera said...

A little late, but Happy Birthday Marly! That is a sweet little sampler you have coming up next.

Truus said...

A belate Happy Birthday Marly and wish a beautiful year ahead without health problems and less hospital visits. 🎉💖🍀🍀🍀
The fabric for the back of your stitching are great and the new little sampler looks very pretty.
Take care,Truus from Holland

Carol said...

Oh, Happy Birthday, dear Marly! ♪♥♪ Three quarters of a century sounds so impressive :) And I'm just four years behind--where has time gone? Love all of your little ovals and the backing fabrics you've chosen for each. Funny how names are given. My mom wanted to name my middle sister Louise and my brother and I had a fit and begged for her to be called Susan. She has since thanked me many times :) May all your birthday wishes come true! ♥

diamondc said...

Perfect backing materials Marly, I wish that more people would shop in brick and mortar stores instead of online, that is what is happening to the brick and mortar stores, so sad.
I miss Stitchville USA, which was only 60 miles from my home, now the closest stitch store is 2130 miles away.

Catherine

diamondc said...

So sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday.

Catherine

Wanda McColl said...

Happy Birthday, Marly!!!

bluetit said...

Happy Birthday from France Marly💐

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...