Somebody flipped their lid again.
Good thing I used Tacky on the leaf edges. Saturate with wet Qtip or eyedropper, lift off, tweezer can remove any residual globs if necessary.
Matching leaves are not the expected finish, but I think it will be a lovely berry. A smaller cap and stem over in brown may finish it off. Or not. This is wool but not felted, may double and stitch edges. Never thought to match the thread, but I think it will be super duper.
PA that did my injection today was fantastic. But she said my elbow growth can't be drained, needs surgery in a hospital. Nope.
Not wanting a larger more detailed 2026 patriotic, I plan on stitching again, removing a stripe and adding the 2026 beneath. Or flipping it vertical with date on left, right, stripes center. Maybe just stitch a second with new date? 
It was 50 yesterday. It ain't today. But better than last week.
Enjoy your day.
**********

5 comments:
Your perseverance in getting the perfect finish leaves me awe struck. I would just learn to live with it...sigh.
I agree with Lauren...but, dang - that wool looks like an awesome match! Hurry up and be done with it so we can see what you do with you 1776!! I stitched it once because I loved yours so much, but my linen and floss choices...and my finishing decision - were tres disappointing. I am NOT as disciplined as you in coming up with the perfect finish as you, unfortunately, so I had always thought of re-stitching it. Glad I waited though because I want to see what you come up with for "Take 2"! We almost made it to 30º so I'm not complaining...This always happens each February...then March and April happens. :-(
I also would have kept the strawberry cap. Do like the patriotic pillow too! Janice
Love the cap Marly, the surgery sounds like it would keep you down for a while not stitching.
love the 1776 design, great idea to turn it the way youi want.
Catherine❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
That wool really does look wonderful with it, Marly! I'm sure you'll have a perfect finish soon. Thank you for the tip on removing the tacky glue--I had no idea. I have some older ornaments that I'd like to re-do... wonder if it is too late to remove the glue. Love that 1776 design of yours! Crazy weather this week, but, boy did Tuesday feel nice :) Looks better for the weekend--it's about time!
Post a Comment