From Cricket Collection Dutch Sampler chart which also includes a sampler.
I received my Prairie Grass linen very quickly from Bee Youtiful Sip and Stitch. The small piece is my original purchased a year ago with its pinkish berry shading, the large dark green is the new dye lot. Never fails. I understand slight changes and linen taking dye differently. But if I can mix the drops needed to match a color, dyers can't test until close to previous? Then change the damn name! My original Tobias is a rich dark golden bronze, second piece is half as light and somewhat green. Last piece, more green than brown. When we question why the chart photo shows a very different linen than called for .... this may be why. Purchasing the P Grass as called for and shown in photo, would be a huge disappointment and not the finish you expect.
Choosing another small. Still very scared even though most have no issues during this procedure. Except for my two friends. They are in the minority, survived, but with a completely altered life. I feel silly letting this upset me to this point.
A warm day, purchased my deck ferns for $10 at Lowe's, pretty nice, and I can keep them in house or garage for the next six weeks until frost threat is over.
I'm over. I need to calm down.
Stay safe.
*****************




6 comments:
Sweet finish.
Oh, maybe I need a quick trip to Lowe's.
Happy Easter.
Procedures are always scary!!! I am a worrier so I cause myself unneeded stress.
A very nice finish. No flowers or ferns yet here. We are in for more snow in the next few days. UGH Janice
I do love hearts and there are several around the house. Your heart is very pretty.
Have a peaceful Easter Days.
Hope your brother is well from the heart check.
Take care, Truus from Holland
This is such a lovely heart, Marly! Thanks for the heads-up on the Lowe's ferns. Hope they still have some by the time I get there.
What a sweet design - in all its versions. Not so sweet are all the versions of a single linen. :-( That is ridiculous. And I have drawers full of ridiculousness as well. So very frustrating. Hoping your brother's tests did not reveal any stressful results - and hoping you can come to terms with whatever it is you are facing. We don't have a Lowe's, but it wouldn't matter anyway. We had ice storms the past two days and it snowed again today. Not a lot but still too much. Happy Easter.
Sweet chart and finish. Frustrating about linen color changes AND over dyed floss color changes but I say pick your battles or we would like in a constant state of frustrating. Good idea to shop for plants to center and calm you. For me, Gardening and Stitching run neck and neck as favorite past times. Take care, R
Post a Comment