Free

Apr 7, 2026

Must have been the angle

Or the curve of the pillow.  
When I saw this sampler snippet, it really appealed to me.

So I bought it.

Then I stitched it.

No matter how I changed the legs, eyes, face, ears, nothing helped.  It's like the online date that shows up looking nothing like their photo.

Within a sampler ... interesting.  But some folks don't do well on their own.  

Lots of stitching in this small, and lots of frogging in its future.  I need to revamp that melon head and pink tights.  Now?  Not sure.  Maybe just a smaller melon as it appears in the photo.  The one probably used for the online dating profile.

Thursday it's my brother's turn at the cardiology office.  He took the same PET stress test, was called next day.  Echo and ekg normal, this new test is amazing.  Earliest I could be scheduled is 4/23 (that was over two weeks ago), so I'm anxious to see his date.  Pittsburgh would require a new patient consult and follow ups, we are going with the only other option 40 minutes away, but thankfully a good facility.

The "situation" has my nephew so depressed, in addition to still grieving for Carole, he wouldn't eat with us for Easter.  It will take months to work this out, and if not, my broomstick will be breaking speed limits.

Be safe folks.

***************


4 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Good luck to your brother. Hope all goes well. I so hate seeing a pattern pic and then the floss colors dont look like it. I purchase patterns that appeal to me by color. UGH so sometimes I do change. With Feniscowles Hall, I changed every color in it. I agree with the pink tights Not my cup of tea either. Janice

Truus said...

Hope the test for your brother will goes well and your nephew will accept the loss of Carole. We all do remember a loved one who passed away and we will never forget that person.
I don't like the pink Esther,so you will come up with something that looks good.
Take care,Truus from Holland

TheCrankyCrow said...

It does look different...think it may be the curve of the pillow. My inclination would be to just stuff it and see (well, maybe after attending to the pink tights) but, then again, if that didn't work I'd be crabbier than ever. Like I said, stuffing it might make things look more like the photo but if you don't want to risk that not being the cure, maybe just adding a row or so on the right side of the face to round it out more would be the ticket? Both of my cats have melon heads...but the melons were rolled in the field apparently as they're not flat on one side. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Marly... This looks like the original was stitched on Strathaven 31/32 linen - which has 1 less thread per inch one direction than the other. When used 'height-wise smaller' this squat looking effect happens. Used width-wise you get very slight tall skinny effect. Regular count linen doesn't quite look the same. It was used mostly for repro samplers, not found much any more. Maybe? - Maggie J, - Alberta Canada

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...