Free

Apr 26, 2026

Remnants

 Remnants.  Small pieces taken from a home that my sister built.  Her tchotchkes, treasures, mementos, souvenirs of family trips, were beyond numerous.  The comfort, peace, and love for her sanctuary was entwined with the love for her husband and son.  A place she would never leave.  

This week, the contents are being gutted and filling dumpsters.  Chris brought a small box for me to go through, maybe some item in it I would want.  These.

The blue was from my aunt to mom at my brother's birth in 1943, the other for Carole 1938.  The tiny vases .... ?  No idea but I kept them.  There are boxes of yellow, pink, green, depression glass sets in the attic which I will request.  The rest will be gone.  

Just a hint at the situation that has enraged and disturbed my life for over a year.  Not sure you want to hear the story.

*************

I felt fine after my cath until Saturday.  So weak, palpitations relentless, low diastolic, rate in low 50s.  What the hell?  Still not right, drinking lots of water, a little better today.  Arrythmias and V tach need to be controlled but until electrical testing for possible ablation, they have not been able to increase med dosage. I am very sensitive to drugs.  So why isn't a small dose enough???  I had a sharp burn run down my left arm during the cath and I hoped it was a reset shock.  Nope.

Hope you're good.

**********


8 comments:

JustGail said...

Oh dear. I know the house became a mess with all those cats. And dog. And Carole's grandson & his girlfriend. And the kids. And... Now Carole's things wholesale tossed to the dumpster? I have so many questions! Dang...I hope they consider (as Chris did for that one box) that you might want things that were your parents/grandparents. Please consider unloading the whole story for us. Keeping it all corked up inside yourself is not good for your health. Now I have to wonder how much of your current woes are due to stress from what's been going on over there the last year.
I hope you get in for that electrical test sooner than later.

Anonymous said...

This sounds heartbreaking. I've never believed the adage "The memory is not in the item." Bullshit. Items can spark far deeper feelings and memories from seeing them and touching them. I still mourn things from my grandparents' home in Pittsburgh that my aunt removed and hid during their last illnesses.
I hope you know that your readers will listen if you choose to share the whole story. It may help you to not keep it bottled up, to purge it out instead of carrying it alone, and I know many can relate with compassion and empathy.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I do...want to hear the rest of the story, that is. But only if you are comfortable telling it. This...all this...is devastating on all accounts.

Anonymous said...

Marly, I’m so sorry. Your nephew should have let you take anything you wanted before the dumpsters arrived. Especially after everything you did for him and his mom. I, too, am wishing I had some things from my grandparents. This much anxiety is sure to affect one’s health. Take care, Cherie in WI

Truus said...

A big hug Marly and as the others are saying-- when you are ready for it,please tell us what is bothering you. And ask them to give you all the boxes and everything they will get rit of,because you are interest in these things, because they have memories for you.
This all has effect on your health and please take care of yourself, Truus from Holland

Prims By The Water said...

It was hard going through all the stuff my mom kept. She was a hoarder. It took my brother and I 2 months to go through stuff. My sister never helped us, but now she does not even have the time to look at things to see if she wants anything because she is in denial and thinks my mom is coming back home. We cannot wait forever for her, so may end up having the estate sale without her getting anything. Its her choice though. So sad about your own situation. I feel so bad for you. Hugs. Janice

Anonymous said...

Family matters can be distressing. I'm keeping you in my prayers for answers and healing.

Carol said...

I'm sorry to read that you're having such a hard time with palpitations, etc., Marly. I'm betting that the stress of the house situation is definitely adding to your symptoms. That must be so very hard to watch happen... The little shoes are so sweet and remind me of some that my mother had in her tiny shoe collection that she began as a girl. I have a couple--no idea where the rest went. Take care now, my friend! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...