Free

Apr 11, 2026

Too bare

After attaching fringe to 1776 and displaying with the other patriotic finishes, the heart looked so naked.  It needs a trim.



Narrowed it down to a gold dmc braid, or dark brown poms.  Seems the brown frames it much nicer.  The gold will fade unless I choose a very dark shade.

Progress on Isabella.  I may consider moving those initials up, but for only one row I don't know if it's worth it.  That dmc on this tight 40 count will leave a pink area from fuzz.  Sometimes red just leaves its mark no matter how well it's removed.  Those flourishes won't be as crisp ... but maybe the red will remove completely.  Take the chance?

Have a good weekend.

**************

12 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your 1776 finish is great. I agree, I like the poms better on the heart. Isabella will be perfect no matter what you decide but, I must say that your modifications and the additional stitched elements make the initial mis-stitch disappear.

Lori from NFF said...

loving the trim finishes! perfect stitches too :)

Prims By The Water said...

I usually do not trim my pillows as I prefer a more prim look, but do like the blue trim around 1776 and also like the dark brown you chose for the heart. Isabella will also be good no matter what you decide on. Janice

diamondc said...

Hello Marly: I like the Eagle pillow, very pretty, I like the dark pompom trim, nice progress on your work in progress.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Marly, your 1776 stitch is perfect and I like the pompom trim, too. Your sampler is so pretty despite the problems you’ve had. Enjoy your Sunday! Cherie in WI

Sandra said...

When I've had to unpick some stitches, especially red, or dark coloured, I dab the fabric over a few times with some sticky tape, it usually gets off the fluffy bits left behind.

Vera said...

I'm envious of your attached trims. I hate to do it and it always looks lousy. Yours is beautiful!

Robin in Virginia said...

1776 looks fantastic with the fringe edging, Marly. I think the pompom trim will be perfect for the heart finish. Your sampler piece is looking good.

Robin said...

Your 1776 looks awesome. I agree with adding trim to your heart. I like the darker. For getting the bits of floss remains out of the fabric, try tapping with scotch tape or, I use what looks like a mascara brush (never used as one). I think they come in a multi pack on, of course, Amazon. Mine came from table gifts at a retreat. You can gently brush the front and the back and it usually gets all the traces out. Good luck. R

Carol said...

Love that trim on your 1776 piece, Marly! I (like Robin above) have used unused mascara brushes to remove tiny remainders of floss. Good luck!

Linda said...

I would frog those initials. It would bother me. As someone else.mentioned, try picking up red fuzz with masking tape.

Bobbi said...

Oh my how I LOVE your 1776 Eagle piece. Please please share your pattern, even if you charge for it. You could put it with the pieces you have For Sale. I love it. I like both trims. It’s a tough call for the sampler. Only you know best, sorry I can’t help on this one. I too use tape, a new toothbrush, and I try to frog from the back as much as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...