Free

May 1, 2026

Empty Queen to satin

Not much more, except for the border. 

I do not like stitching borders.
My satin flower is not padded as the chart photo, but I prefer the simpler look. 



There is a scalloped outline border in pink that I'm not doing.  I changed upright gobelin leaves ( which are very easy to do) to regular cross.  Easier for me to count on this 40.
This is so small and stinkin' cute.

Just saw this free design from Erica Michaels.  You can go to Fat Quarter Shop and search for America Berry, download the pdf.

Have a good day.

 **********

8 comments:

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prims By The Water said...

Your satin stitches on the flower are much better me thinks Marly. It does look better to me. Janice

Vera said...

What a pretty piece Marly!

Vera said...

Who is the designer? I looked at the cover shot from a few posts back, but I didn't see who it is by....

Truus said...

I like the way you stitched the flowers-- so much nicer than the chart.
Take care, Truus from Holland

Rugs and Pugs said...

You accomplish so much! Lookin’ good…as always.

Carol said...

This is looking so lovely, Marly! Your changes are always spot on. Stay warm--isn't this May weather ridiculous?!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I like the simplicity of your flowers better too...and agree with eliminating the pink border. I stumbled on that Erica Michaels berry a while back and had started it...but even something as simple as that is seeing little progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...