Free

May 8, 2026

The final choice

When setting this next to the previous finish, I wasn't happy.  Almost distracting, my eye was drawn to that very light thread (top left) instead of noticing the pattern.  And there will be a good amount when completed.  I tried darker than ecru, but still very warm, 739 (bottom center).  I thought 738 would be good, but I can't locate it and it's very close to ecru, 



This is on 40, quite a size difference from my first stitch on 28.  I'd like to stitch a third on 32 count, not sure of colors.  Very stiff fusible was used and it feels like a needlepoint or similar, pretty darn hard.

Went to the greenhouses and ended up with the 3.5" pots of Bubblegum to plant in pots, 3 hanging baskets of the same.  I really wanted bright colors, maybe sunpatiens, but I decided I don't have the energy.  Stick with tried and true.  I may get a few for a wash tub since pots are already filled with dirt.  What snapped my briefs were the Solenia begonias.  The entire table was filled as were all the baskets.  Stunning, gorgeous display.  Never saw colors that were so soft but still saturated.  

And all of this is in the house, waiting for warmer temps.  Night lows in high 30s beginning of the week.  What's happening?

Be safe!  Behave.

***********

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marly, I like the lighter thread. I don’t think your eye will be drawn to it once the whole thing is done. Both hearts are so pretty. I’m getting antsy to get to the greenhouses because the plants I like, go fast. But, along the Lake Michigan shore, we haven’t been warmer than 50 during the day and frost warnings at night. So, best they stay in the greenhouse for now and hopefully, we get some warm weather soon! By warm, I mean 55 - 60! Have a good weekend! Cherie in WI

TheCrankyCrow said...

Either my eyes are even worse than I think they are or I have to stop reading your posts after 8 pm.

Prims By The Water said...

I think all the colors are perfect, but your choice. Am loving the newest one and also that previous heart. Great job on both. Janice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...