Free

May 5, 2026

Twisted

Between vertigo and appointments, I haven't finished the Irish yet.

I'm still on the trim kick, cording is taking over.  Not easy to guess pom size and color online, and for how small it is, not cheap.  But for some finishes, I like the cording and how easy it is to match color.  The ends are still a problem for me, need more practice.

I checked the tools for twisting and creating the cording and reviews vary.  So ....

It works great, forward, reverse, easy to remove and secure.  Just inserted a cup hook into the chuck (where the drill bits go) and it easily held.  A larger hook would work as well, can't find one right now but will add to my list. 

Boom.

Off to get my echo this morning.  The lumps in my right arm where the cath tube was are finally leaving, but the IV arm has a hard and very sore area, not at the insertion site.  Something weird  I'm sure.

Have a good day.

****************

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marly, I hope your test went well this morning and with some clear results. Such a cute little finish you have. I have not tried to do cording yet, but am thinking I need to try it soon! Take care, Cherie in WI

Carol said...

Love your cording on this sweet finish, Marly. As you know, I almost exclusively use cording because of the ease of color matching and the cost. I struggle with the ends, too (which is why I tend to use bows). I've had my Kreinik corder for years and have never had an issue with it, but I'm glad the drill is working so well for you. Hope your echo gave you some answers... I'm due for one in December. And that vertigo--hope it resolves itself soon. Not fun!

Mary said...

Great stitch! Name of the pattern and designer please!

SGB said...

Using the drill to make the cording is brilliant! I have resisted buying a specialty tool because I don’t need another gadget and I would rather spend my money on stitching or quilting supplies. I have drills already. I love this. Thank you for sharing. I see cording in my future!
—Sharon in Auburn, Alabama

Truus said...

Hope all went well today with the tests and you know more.
A beautiful finish from the heart and it will be also for the Irish pincushion.
Take care, Truus from Holland

TheCrankyCrow said...

Like Carol, I've had my Kreinik for years. (Actually, I abused my first one too many times and am on my second one.) It does NOT appear you have any problem whatsoever with the ends. Me, I still struggle. Your finish looks amazing - and I love the thickness of your cording. I get tired of stranding out the floss for thicker cords I think. This finish is perfection. I hope the echo went well??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...