Free

Jun 25, 2026

Not yet

Finished ..... maybe
Still thinking about adding to the border.  Aging/mottling tomorrow, may be enough to change my mind.

Hemstitch edge?  
Stuffed with red fringe?
Pouch?

I think I ate too much banana cake.

Yes Robin, the tradition of taking food to those dealing with loss or illness is foreign to younger folks.  My aunts and mom would offer to stay at their house and have table prepared for them when they returned home, be there to answer the door for others bringing a dish.  Disposable plates, flatware, cups, extra coffee pots, all taken with the food.  Back then, families were large, neighbors close, and a full house to help and support was common whether illness or loss.  

June is soon to leave. 
 Too soon to crab that summer is flying by?

*********



3 comments:

Vera said...

What a sweet, sweet sampler. Nicely done Marly!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a darling sampler finish, Marly!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Somehow I missed this post.... Anyway...what a comfort that old tradition was. Being a hermit, I don't always know of losses/hardships, etc. but, when I do know, I have tried to do something. But, speaking from experience, yes, it is a dying, if not dead. Even losing my mother at Christmas...my husband at Thanksgiving...I survived on tv dinners and fast food take-outs. I'm not expressing this properly - it wasn't an "expectation" but the "absence' still was felt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...