Free

Sep 25, 2026

Almost a reproduction

 Linen is same color, kept the ghost letters (except for the Z error), and added a space between a few words.  Boom.  Not like me at all and I do not like these one color letters.  But it's very small and I thought, what the hell?  I don't have the energy to overthink like my routine habit.

After all the hassles of applying (or trying to) beads on the Nash ovals, I decided against it.  Will still share my method soon, but sewing them on would have been easier BEFORE the back was attached.  I used glue after lacing on both fronts and backs, needles do not go through those hardened edges.  Besides, I had a squeeze toy that was similar to this one.  The spaced out beads reminded me of this and creeped me out!

Options are to do a full line (less creepy), poms, or cording.



I'll think about it.  But the full line of beads are like .... hard.  The other two options are soft against soft.  Silly, huh?

Changing of the guard.  

Dammit.

October next week!  We lost Carole 2 years this Sunday.  October was her birth month and absolute favorite.

And you won't believe this one.  New doc is saying Chris is type 2, not type 1.  Tests show no pancreatic activity at all since a teen.  That's 1!!  But still trying to fit his condition into allowing a Jardiance script (type 2 only), second doc to do so.  It's a very good drug, when indicated.  Sis took it.  I never paid attention to the TV ads stating the possible side effects.  She had those sores for months (doc said from the adult briefs), she developed blockages in her legs, she had both amputated.  Was it the drug?  This is why you should check symptoms from new meds with the pharmacist, not the doctor.  

Is my reading list working?  When, and if, the loading spinner stops.

Be safe.

**********

7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow...that looks like a perfect little replica! As for the finishes on the little needle keeps, I love each one...each one you chose for each piece. Perfect!!! The anniversary, her birthday, your dread of the coming season(s), the continuing questions/concerns over family health matters certainly explain much malaise. October - once my favorite month - has become bittersweet for me. It was my husband's birthday month as well, and it was the month I lost Snowdog. I know those don't equate to your relationship with October, but I kinda can understand what it means to be October.

TheCrankyCrow said...

PS...I don't believe the reading list issue is entirely resolved. I only have a handful of the blogs I follow that I can see updates for.

Maureen said...

Reading list for me is hit or miss now. I do hope blogger gets its act together

Prims By The Water said...

October is my favorite month. I know it will be a hard one for you. In a few days it would have been my mom's birthday, so I understand. Your choices for your sweet ovals will be wonderful. I do believe the reading list is still not 100% fixed. Janice

diamondc said...

Greetings Marly: Love this design, very vintage looking.
The squeeze dolls are a hoot, I do remember them, they were used for stress by some people, you are so right about the drugs they are pushing, my friend was taking Monjouro and ended up with cancer, they are saying it may not be safe.
I am so sad that you lost your sister, losing a sibling is hard I lost two.

Catherine

JustGail said...

I had one of those dolls, loved it as a child, now - sort of creepy. It does capture how I feel some days though. Certainly did not have the doll come to mind when you first showed your plans for beads around the pin keeps. Not that you asked our opinions - I like the full line of beads. The pompoms and cord are lovely, and so...expected.
I hope in the upcoming days you have more good memories of Carole than memories of what she went through. How can the doctor up and change Chris from type 1 to type 2?! To get kickbacks from Jardiance prescriptions? Insurance coverage crap?

Truus said...

Your stitchings with the soft trims, are fine to me.
October is also for me a month full of memories to my sister and husband-- too young to go....
All the memories you have from Carole her last time,are so bad,so no wonder you are feeling bad too nowadays...I feel sorry for you to have to go through all these days.
I don't know what doctors are up to-- they changes meds which are so bad for your health,that you are more stick than before.
Take care,Truus from Holland

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...