Free

Sep 19, 2026

Where's the fringe !?!

I wanted to final finish.  Found black trims ... no fringe.  I will sew and stuff anyway, add the fringe when I get it.

I received a small order that included old reliable Winter Brew, and newer Sugar Cream Pie (almost white).  And these two small samplers.



Haven't ordered anything for a long time, not happy about the new larger cuts.  So I don't get those!  I like the heavier feel of PTP, not the silky shiny lighter weaves.  Placed a small order (for 1/8 yard cuts) on Etsy, two light neutrals from FOAW.  I have their Affogato and the fabric feels right, but it's really green.  Is yours green?

Chris is going back to work today.  His employer's covid policy is two days max.  He works 12 hour shifts and doubles because they can't find new hires that pass a drug screening.  Manufacturing in a steel mill requires full attention and response time to prevent serious accidents.  No tolerance.

His son's GF, the trash heap, went to the hospital and sat with Chris's GF during the testing/exam.  I told him it's another ploy to guilt him about making her leave.  Doesn't matter, she's been told for a year, hasn't gone yet.  To clarify, he went to two different hospitals, neither honored the request for covid test.  It wasn't until they were out of ideas for diagnosis and she found out it was never given that Dr. complied.  I called the first hospital's ER dept. and told them their arrogance exposed other patients and cost him three days of treatment.  She said "okay".

Soon to be gone ....

Have a good weekend.

*********

4 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Just a sad situation. Hoe he is getting better. Your latest stitch is a fantastic one. I just add those lil samplers into my cart. Love them and thanks for sharing. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm back...the reading list function is once again functioning...and it's catch-up time. I love your PH crow!! That moon color adds a perfect pop of spice. Wow on your - and Chris's - medical goings-on. Hope Chris recovers quickly Crazy that his employer requires them to return to work so quickly. I get that they don't employees away from work for long but foolish thinking given that many employees returning to work prematurely will certainly expose other emplyees and result in even more employees off. Your Sjogren's is tracking with my AS/PS apparently. All the crap going on - hand, back, knees, foot - are being attributed to a major flare. Methotrexate and Meloxicam have been added to the infusions and aren't doing anything. Even the Prednisone failed to offer relief. Life shouldn't hurt so bad. (PS...LOVE your brother's pot! Wish he could deal for me. ;--) )

JustGail said...

Chris's work situation...not the best to say the least. I *sort* of understand the company side, drugs in that situation very much not good. BUT neither is having someone so sick they are having trouble breathing. Then to expect to continue on 12-hour shifts and double shifts?!?! That's also a danger to Chris and his coworkers.
The crow turned out fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Marley, I have been reading your Chris updates. My son in law has been through the same thing the past month. Coughing like crazy and can’t breathe. Oxygen levels low. Thought he had pneumonia but X-rays were clear. He’s been on antibiotics, an inhaler and cough syrup but nothing helped. He’s finally feeling better but still coughing. It’s really stumped the doctors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...