Oct 28, 2014

And then there was one

One of the fawns.  No idea what happened to mama.  We saw the other fawn on the highway, but if mama was hit elsewhere, someone could have picked her up.  Many times they continue to run into the woods severely injured, then again, there is a bowhunter behind my house so we will never know.

I worked yesterday on the winter condos.  Nice sloped overhang to shed rain and protect the entry, oak porch floor, and detached garage with step for Squeak.  He's still not family to them so there is a hallway between the triplex and garage.  I finally realized why I wake with a sore throat and headache.  It's them!  Every evening when they are finished gallivanting for the day, I let them in.  The next morning my head is a mushroom.  Foam was half off at JoAnn's so they have an extra set of "matresses" beneath the sherpa fleece pad.  They love it.  I also line the bottom with bed protectors (vinyl backed quilted pad) to help with dampness from the cold.

Ran into a slight problem on Eliz.  Started another card of Uniform Blue and it looked different when stitched so I removed it.  There is much more blue than gray in this one.  I don't mind that it is darker, but the blue is too strong.  The top skein is Soot, more gray, and blends better.  What to do?  Use one strand of each.  Two lines to finish and I think my solution will work fine.
Warm temps followed by thunderboomers and COLD temps for a few days.  Several trees have not shed so we'll be busy for another week with leaves.  Mark ran the lawn tractor to mulch and pick up, but it's so wet he just tore up the yard so back to the Little Wonder.  That's the brand name of our blower and it's true.  The only thing I like about fall is the colors.
 
Have a great day people!
 
Thanks for visiting.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...