Apr 24, 2015

Wax on, wax off

Good day to you.  We had a long one yesterday, very cold, and snowing.  Yes, snowing.  The installers left around 3:00.   Took hours to clean the dust from the cupboards and mop the floors, install and level the slide in range.  Removing the excess wax from the first coat took a long time and we'll add another coat today. This morning - plumbing hookups.  They did a good job except for the bar being 1/2" short in the overhang.  Didn't see it until they left and they couldn't have cut that much off in here anyway.  Their template must have been off.  Glad it's over and now we can finish the bar, the backsplash, the exhaust, 3 cabinets by Dominic, and the legs.  I really wanted the sink base to be different but even the lightest of reds doesn't show the dark sink as well.  May just paint it the same color as the others for now, crackle a little red over it. 
 
 
 


 
Sally has been worked on a little at a time, much slower than I would like.  Many errors, some corrected, most not.  I wonder if it was a mistake to start such a large piece, but on the other hand, I want a wall hogger.  Something that stands alone without other distractions and takes up a good portion of wall.  I know many of you have multiple ongoing projects but I can't do that.  If I stop this to start something else, I won't be able to go back and forth and Sally will be lost.
 
Carole is going out with her friends today for the first time since August.  She has so many clubs and groups that get together every week and she's really missed that.  We see a little more improvement every week.
 
Enjoy the week's end, Sally and I will be back Sunday.
 
Thanks for visiting.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...