250th by Teresa Kogut
40 count Prairie Grass
Moved the 6 in 2026 down two
Changed two stitches in neck area to center
Added a stitch to the body so both wings were the same
(Left was 4 stitches off body, right was 5)
Added that extra stitch to center of tail
Used layout of left flower on the right, chart is different
Inserted into 5"shaker box from hell
Dyed this piece to match Prairie Grass since I love it. Took many dips and strips, perfect. Unfortunately it's 36 count, not 40 as I thought.
Hope everyone is doing well.
**************



12 comments:
Wonderful 250 stitch and finish!!
What a beautiful finish. Just reading about all your changes made my head spin.
God bless this beautiful land of ours that I truly love!
Marly, an awesome finish! I admire your tenacity in dyeing fabric, but it’s always perfect! I bought that chart, too, but doubt that I ‘ll make the changes you made! I hope you’re doing well. Thinking of you, Cherie in WI
That is da bomb diggity! Think I have to get it. Beautiful! Jen
Egad I make changes sometimes...but not as many as you have in this piece. However you did a marvelous job with it and it looks so GOOD! Janice
As always it is beautiful with these changes! It turned out so very pretty.
Hope you are feeling well....
Take care,Truus from Holland
Turned out great Marly! Your finishing is always wonderful and inspiring.
Absolutely a beautiful finish. Your changes are spot on.
Nicely finished-finished! The box is a nice change from the usual pillows or framing.
That's a great finish! No grass grows under your feet! Beautiful stitching.
This is remarkable, incredible, and all those "ble" words. I couldn't love it more. I think there will be many people who finish this wonderful design on the "drum" who will wish they'd done otherwise if/when they see your finish. Your finish is just perfect. And I can't believe how you managed to dye linen so perfectly to match the Prairie Grass. Wow. And now...what's next?
Love everything about this one, Marly! Beautifully stitched AND finished!
Post a Comment