Mar 11, 2014

My God-wink

Hello people.  Are you having as warm and sunny a day as I am?  My garage floor will be cleaned of the gravel, salt, and road spit from this long snowy winter.  Tomorrow, snow, and freezing rain are forecast but today, working outside will be a blessing.  This post has nothing to do with stitching, just a note of how sometimes, things fall into place perfectly.  My MN cousin that is in a facility because of early dementia, loves butterflies and the color pink.  I always felt that those who believe they are not heard or can't understand why they are not in control, benefit from writing their feelings in a personal journal.  While returning a pair of shoes at TJMaxx, I decided to use the restroom at the back of the store.
 As I passed through the aisles, I couldn't believe what I saw.  A beautiful, soft, pink journal and next to it, a note card of gold glitter with a butterfly in pinks.  Who sent me down this aisle to see them?  They could not be more perfect for her.  I got a chill thinking she must need them or I wouldn't have been led to them.  When I got home, I used a thinned coat of ModPodge over the glitter (which isn't dry yet in this photo) so it doesn't end up everywhere, and I will include a little frame in her gift box.

 As I laid the items on the table, the sun came through the window and hit the card.  Oh my.  It turned into a glorious sparkle of many colors and is just gorgeous!  The colors change with each angle and we've all seen this before, but I held it and turned it and watched the colors change like a little kid.  More importantly, it made me smile.  I hope it will do the same for Sandy.
 
Wishing you a day filled with color and sparkles,
a smile and a God-wink.
 
 
 
 
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...