Hi folks.
Sweet little M Holloway all wrinkled and happy. I'm thinking the cover of a journal or handmade little stitches book. You know, fabric pages of fragments or mini projects?
I have decided to make the easy to match floss as cording on two, black poms on another. Not sure about the fourth. I will look through ribbons and chenille for a match. My preference is the poms but I'm not taking a chance ordering what might be close in color for each.
This book, gifted to me, is a lifesaver for a stitcher who constantly changes colors. It's the only place I note changes and easily found my colors used for each. I pulled the dmc reference out hoping to find a deeper blue for one but failed.
After.
And the accomplice (along with her fine tip liner brush). Not the first time, probably won't be the last.
I just didn't care for the matching strong blue as a trim. Now more like navy.
Beautiful day yesterday and also predicted for today. The steroid pack is allowing me to do some outside work, but mom's swing is humming louder than the gravel to be moved. Work can be done on gloomy days, enjoying the warmth of sun cannot.
The End.
**********





1 comment:
Happy Saturday my friend (it IS Saturday, isn't it??) Ms. Holloway is sweet and I love your idea of using it as a journal cover - or as the cover for a little fragments stitch book. The latter might keep your hands busy for a while. I'm glad you find the book useful. I'd never keep things straight if I changed colors as much as you. I changed a color on a piece I started a while back and when I picked it up again, got totally confused even though I noted the change on the pattern (I mistakenly wrote down the called-for color apparently. Duh.) Our past several days were gorgeous....Today the clouds are moving in and it's windier and tomorrow is to be cooler. Each year long sleeve weather seems to start earlier.
Post a Comment