Mar 14, 2014

My bowl runneth over

Hi all.  How the heck are you?  I think asking if you're ready for spring would be silly.
I want to show you what I bought today.
The biggest bowl I own!  This will hold a lot of stitched bowl fillers for sure. I hedged on the purchase for quite a while because it was split across the middle and glued, the lathe swirls are barely visible and worn smooth, and I wasn't sure if it was really old.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to recognize an antique from a newer piece, and the look is what I'm after not authenticity, so I guess it doesn't matter.  Someone used Danish oil or varnish long ago and I may sand it to a dull wood finish.  I knew it was large but didn't realize until I got home just how much more than my others.  It measures 17 3/4" x 17" across and 5 1/2" high.  But for $37.50, not bad?????
I'm working out the bag shape for my stitchery and am considering adding some vines to create more of the shape many antique colonial bags are.  But I've had enough of this piece so would prefer not to continue.  Trimming the edges in wool - is there a wool tape?  Do I make my own?  I don't want to.  I guess before this HP monster dies, I should search the web.  The new laptop will be ordered tonight and I'm all backed up and ready.  I insisted on Windows 7.  It wasn't that long ago that I had to learn it, hated it, got used to it, and refuse to do it all again. 
Time for a cup of coffee and a cookie a walk on the treadmill.
Have a great weekend - stay safe - stitch happy!
Thanks for visiting.
 
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...