Dec 28, 2014

The Magma is loaded

Greetings fellow menopausians, stitchers, friends, and readers.  Instead of browsing the stash I chose one of the last samplers I ordered.  She's not too large, simple, and monotone.  Perfect for taking to the hospital without all the floss bags of colors. 
Only question - should I use luscious 3857, or the gray that looks blue 413?  Eliza Laidman was Uniform Blue which is just like 413 and I really love it, but would I want another the same?  In a different room, yes.  So I have just one decision to make and probably won't until I pull it out to start.
 
 Start what?  Harriet Hazlin from The Sampler House.  This was stitched over one as a miniature but can of course be stitched over two as I will do.  Finished size on 30 count will be about 9.5" x 7.5".  Stitching on 32-35 count would probably make it perfect for a standard 8x10 frame.   I just thought of that but I already cut a piece off my Scarlet Letter yardage and that hurt.  Hurts bad.  I rarely frame any more but this could be added to my framed group.  Damn.  I don't know why but cutting linen is very distressing to me.  Maybe I should just take a pill and cut a piece of a higher count.
 
 
I put clear shipping tape over the Velcro tabs on the Magma.  When I was working on Isobel's ornament, every time I needed to get into the pouch the loud noise woke him up and aggravated me.  Folding the tape over to the outside works really well. 
I wanted to show that ornament finish but alas, it is hiding somewhere.  Isn't alas a goofy word?  Anyway, I'll find it when I have time.
 
Have a great week!
Thanks for visiting.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...